Monday, August 21, 2023

Experiments with High Flow Acrylics




These are some of several pieces I did back in mid-March experimenting with High Flow Acrylics on glossy photo paper. I liked the vivid colors, fast drying time, and interesting designs that occurred. Trying different techniques, I dripped small drops from the bottles but also used a small paint brush as well as tried a new tool, an air blower. I might have tilted the 4” x 6” surfaces to encourage movement.

 


Looking at these now, I can’t help but think of before and after events in my life. I was playing with this process on my birthday vacation week off, just days before my dear love went into one hospital and then another and stayed for almost a month before he passed away. My creativity, like me, went into shock and then later disappeared as I dealt with more pressing matters. I am still navigating the wild waters of grief and loss (and probably will be for some time). But slowly, oh so slowly, I’m doing a bit of painting or gel printing or working on a page spread in an art journal or trying simple projects. 




No comments:

Post a Comment