Monday, January 16, 2023

Fabric and Paper Journal




A newly bound journal!







Yet, I started it during the beginning of the pandemic and it has sat quietly. The original amount of signatures were very wide and unwieldy so I decided to break it into several journals.




















I cut an old book cover into about 5" x 5" for the cover. The pages are a true mix: acrylic painted watercolor papers, tissue paper sandwiches with string inside, felt on cardstock, a nice thick brown piece of felted wool, painted foil, a piece of an old soft t-shirt, a paper cutting, canvas, handmade paper, painted fabrics. I did embroidery on the felt pieces and then glued it to thicker cardstock papers. The handmade paper was from a paper-making class years ago.






















































Using my favorite sewn-over-tapes binding, I wanted to try something new by adding a denim spine from my old jeans.
















Really love how it turned out and how it feels!


Although a lot of the pages are "done" there are still many blank pages inside to play with.







No comments:

Post a Comment