Friday, September 20, 2013

New Exhibit Venue and Presentation for Book Necklaces





Last Friday, I was excited to learn that I was chosen to become part of the Trinity University Artisan Showcase during Alumni Weekend! It will be October 12, from 11:30-1:30 p.m. at the Holt Center. There will be a tent on the grounds of the Holt Center, where the lunch is held.

For my new mini-book necklaces, I wanted a way to present them neatly in a package. Using a painting I had done as background for a label, I printed "Book of Dreams" for the front. For a holder, I upcycled some mat board samples I had ordered when I was cutting mats for my paintings. They already had a hole at the top where I could thread the necklace through the back. Then, I recycled some strong twisties that came on some new garden hoses to hold the books to the card. Finally, I made a label for the back describing the piece and some web addresses.

How have you recycled or upcycled items for new purposes?

No comments:

Post a Comment