Friday, September 14, 2012

Walk on the Beach


Walk on the Beach
9" x 12"
acrylic on paper

This new painting is a departure for me, using a figure and a more realistic scene. Aiming to do a solid black silhouette walking on the sand, my technique did not turn out the way I planned (I know--why plan?!).

But instead of blocking out the figure with more Payne's Gray, I decided I liked it and  simply outlined the walker. I like to think that the figure is becoming more part of the natural scene the more she walks.

2 comments:

  1. I think you're spot on about her merging with nature as she walks. Very effective.

    And I think realism might be in the air lately. I've been seriously considering doing some portrait style works for October with my signature Fuzzy Skeletonian embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is interesting that acrylic paint has its own ideas once you begin working with it. Good luck with your forays into realism, too!

    ReplyDelete