Sunday, August 5, 2012

New Journal and Comfort



Here is a new journal I made myself a while back. I used the sewn-over-tapes binding style while trying leather straps, a circle cut from one of my acrylic daily paintings, and a button that seemed to belong. Instead of hiding the title and author, I left it intact.
















Like the other Full Tilt Boogie journals, it has a mix of papers—calendars, cards, old magazine articles and covers, my photos and art, book pages, and various art papers.


























Any artistic inclinations have been pushed aside the last several weeks as I’ve been dealing with my husband’s most recent health issues. How do you find comfort in times of high stress? Recently, I’ve turned to old books (Anne McCaffrey’s Dragonriders of Pern series) and a new DVD (A Celtic Pilgrimage with John O’Donohue).



2 comments:

  1. First I want to wish you and your husband all the best, and I hope his health issues can be overcome quickly. Please be gentle with yourselves in this time of stress.

    Secondly, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. It was so nice to hear from you again!

    I've really taken an interest in journals like yours lately. Yours is gorgeous! That quote about art being a form of truth is a definite keeper.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words, Angela; it really means a lot to me.

    Hope you get a new camera that has the functions you need.

    That quote about art is by John F. Kennedy, from an old book I was cutting up and it just seemed to fit. I love this style of journal--I can use up all the cool papers I have.

    Thanks again for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete