Saturday, February 25, 2012

New Notebooks, But Hitting a Creative Slump







I made a bunch of new notebooks last month, with my acrylic painted covers. Some I use to collect my art ideas, some are now in my Etsy shop.
































This Steampunk one below has a cool fastener that really works and some lacey covering inside the covers. It's not in my shop yet since I don’t know how practical it might be but I love the look of it! What do you think?


 







 
Aside from assembling these notebooks, I haven’t been very creative making new pieces. Although I’ve had ideas for projects, weekend usually finds me trying to clean up my studio and cull items I don’t or won’t use anymore. Haven’t painted in a long time, either. Is anyone else having trouble getting motivated creatively in 2012? Tell me how you got out of artist’s block.





4 comments:

  1. You're right, that Steampunk notebook is pretty ding-dang sharp lookin'! Great work.

    Wish I could help you with the artist block but I'm also in the middle of something similar right now. Just can't get myself motivated. Maybe it's just the winter months taking their toll on us. Might just need to wait it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your feedback, Vincent.

    I thought it might be winter, too, but I try to work steadily on projects. But I've been feel a resistance. Might be time to stop bookbinding and take up painting again.

    Good luck in getting out of your creative block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happens to everyone. But I like your blog - especially the turquoise background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, sometimes it's hard to deal with creativity slumps rather than slides! So glad you visited.

    ReplyDelete