Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ladies & Gentlemen, Start Your Fake Journal!



Do you enjoy looking at artist journals? Do you like keeping a journal yourself? Have you ever kept a journal as someone else?

The 2nd International Fake Journal Month is approaching! Started by Roz Stendahl last year, she has a
blog encouraging and describing what fake journals are all about. I jumped in at, literally, the last hour and had a great time. My character was a young wife and mother in 1960’s Ireland and she tried to sketch and jot down things going on in her life; you can see them here.

You could do a fake journal in a media you’ve always wanted to try, in a voice you’ve always been curious about. Last week, thinking and jotting possibilities down, I got excited about one in particular. I won’t give it away just yet, but encourage you to play along if you’d like.

2 comments:

  1. I love my journal! The Fake Journal Month is a cool idea!! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Manon, I will! Play along if you like—it’s an interesting adventure.

    ReplyDelete