Sunday, June 16, 2019

Leaf Prints Journal



Here's my newest journal. I was inspired by other artist's small books and thought I'd cull some already made pages from my stash of acrylic paintings.






This one is just so cute and feels good in your hand. I experimented using an old cotton t-shirt for the covers and it turned out great.







Most of the leaf prints were made in 2008, 2009, and 2010 with a brayer or gelatin on 140 lb. watercolor papers.



































Some leaves are from trees that are no longer around and bring back a memory, such as the Ginkgo trees near the front of the library where I work. 










There are still many blank pages awaiting a swirl of new leaf prints.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Gina
    Your little book with those stand alone leaf prints are gorgeous even still after all these years.
    Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete