Friday, April 18, 2014

Some New Journals




Been wanting to bind these up for a while.




This is a mixed-paper journal using the last of those old 1879 book covers. Inside are odds & ends of calendar, scrapbook, pastel, cardstock,  and watercolor papers. I covered the front and back in a heavy upholstery fabric I love. It's a sewn-over-tapes journal using light gray leather strips.





 
This is another sewn-over-tapes binding with green leather strips. I painted canvas boards using some light modeling paste.  Inside papers are Fabriano Artistico 140 lb. cold press watercolor paper and one of my painted pockets with a leaf painting.





8" x 6" canvas board covers






With both of these, I forgot a few things and did them ahead of time instead of as the last things. But, they are only for me so it's just cosmetic.




Love the details on this journal!










No comments:

Post a Comment